How Our Office is Handling Coronavirus
Health for you, as well as our team, is always a top priority at Aspen Endodontics. During a time where everyone is on high alert, we are faced with the challenge of how to best manage our practice despite universal precautions and OSHA/CDC protocols already in place. At this time we are asking:
- Patients come to their appointments alone if they are able. If they are not, we are asking you let us know ahead of time.
- All paperwork will be emailed to you to be filled out prior to your appointment
- Please check in from your car by texting 719-602-0880 (our text number) when you arrive
- Wash hands/use hand sanitizer upon arrival
- Refrain from using your phone in the waiting room or treatment rooms
- Refrain from handshaking
- Avoid touching your face (nose, mouth, eyes)
- Cough/sneeze into a tissue or ‘vampire’ cough then wash hands/use hand sanitizer.
We always strive to have consistent infection control policies in our office to disinfect frequently contacted surfaces and sterilize all instruments. Due to the recent arrival of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) to the Colorado area, we wanted to take this opportunity to review steps we are using to mitigate the spread of the virus (or any virus) in our practice. In addition to checking the CDC website and following their precautions daily we are also screening all patients before they arrive to their appointments, we are doing the following:
- All treatment areas have been and will continue to be disinfected after every patient. All frequently contracted surfaces (dental chair, waiting room chair, counter tops, dental handpieces etc.) are disinfected as well
- Public areas frequently contacted (waiting area, waiting chairs, pens, doorknobs, counters, etc.) continue to be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Continued sterilization of all reusable dental instruments (handpieces, mirrors, explorers, and other dental instruments) after each use
We ask that you inform us of the following:
– Any international trips that you have taken in the last month
– If you have suspicion that you may have been exposed to the Coronavirus
– If you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough or are not feeling well
We’re all fighting this virus together. If you wish to postpone your appointment, please let us know (719-264-1440) and we will be happy to work with you.
Aspen Endodontics Team
Please call us with any questions or concerns!