How Our Office is Handling COVID-19
Your health and safety, as well as that of our team, has always been a top priority at Aspen Endodontics. During this unprecedented time where everyone is on high alert with the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to reassure you that we are doing everything possible to continue to protect our patients and our staff from the spread of this virus. Due to a statewide mandate from Governor Polis and recommendations from the CDC, ADA/CDA, AAE and other healthcare agencies, our office has been closed with the exception of seeing true dental emergencies. As the State of Colorado now transitions into a “Safer at Home” phase to address the current situation, we will be transitioning into seeing more patients. We have always adhered very strictly to OSHA and CDC guidelines in our practice. In addition to the strict protocol we already follow, we have implemented the following precautions and additional protocols in our office.
Here is what we ask of you:
- Prior to scheduling an appointment, we are required to ask ALL patients a series of questions to be able to screen for symptoms and risk factors for COVID-19.
- We ask that ALL patients wear a mask to their appointment.
- Patients are to come to their appointment ALONE, unless you are a minor, then come with ONE parent or legal guardian. If there is a medical reason you need an escort to your appointment, please let us know ahead of time so we can plan accordingly. In the instance where another person needs to come with you to your appointment, we need to screen that individual for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors and ask that BOTH of you wear masks to the appointment.
- We will try to have all necessary documentation for your appointment available for you to fill out and submit electronically prior to your appointment. If this is not possible, we will email this documentation to you to be filled out at home and brought with you to your appointment.
- Please check-in to your appointment from your car when you arrive by calling 719-264-1440 to let us know you are in the parking area. Remain in your car until we call you back and ask you to come up to our office.
- One of our staff members will be waiting for you as you come up to our office. You will be asked to use hand sanitizer, swish with an antiseptic mouthwash and we are required to take your temperature. We will have you fill out a questionnaire BEFORE entering our office.
- We ask that you not use your phone in the reception area or our exam or treatment rooms.
- Avoid touching your face (nose, mouth, eyes).
- If you have to cough or sneeze, please cough/sneeze into a tissue. If a tissue is not available cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or the crook of your elbow “Dracula-style”. Then either wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately.
In addition to our already strict adherence to OSHA and CDC infection control guidelines, here are a few additional measures, amongst others we have implemented, that we are taking in our office to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 (or any infectious disease process for that matter):
- Public areas frequently contacted (door handles, pens, counters, laptop computers, reception area chairs, etc.) are disinfected after every use throughout the day.
- We are carefully managing our daily patient schedule to minimize patient contact with other patients as they come and go from the office.
- We are rotating treatment rooms so we have more than ample time after using a treatment room for proper disinfection and sterilization procedures to ensure that each patient coming in for treatment is entering a treatment area that is a clean, disinfected and a safe place for your appointment.
- All treatment and exam rooms have been and will continue to be disinfected after every patient. All exposed surfaces (dental chairs, counter tops, dental equipment, etc.) are covered with disposable barriers, when feasible, and are disinfected after each use.
- All dental instruments (handpieces, mirrors, explorers, and other dental instruments) are either disposable and discarded after each use or are sterilized prior to each use.
- All of our staff will be wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) – surgical caps, face shields, gowns, gloves, shoe covers, etc. We may have this on at times when you normally wouldn’t expect us to. Don’t take this personally, we are just doing our part to help keep you and ourselves healthy!
- As much as we love to shake hands and give out hugs, we’ll be refraining from this for the time being.
- We will have multiple air purifiers running in the office throughout the day. Please forgive the noise, but understand it is to keep the air as filtered and purified as possible.
We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we move through this pandemic together! Although some of this may present some minor inconveniences for you, remember that our ultimate goal to take care of you, as we always do, in the safest and healthiest way possible!
If you wish to postpone your appointment, please let us know at (719-264-1440) and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment to a time that is more comfortable for you.
Aspen Endodontics Team
Please call us with any questions or concerns!